Dr George Chalhoub
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Road
Oxford, OX1 3QD
I have been granted my leave to supplicate!
I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate (PDRA) in Secure Networking by Design at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Oxford.
I was a doctoral student in Cyber Security at the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, and part of the Centre for Doctoral Training in Cyber Security, where I am advised by Prof. Ivan Flechais.
My research was supported by the Information Commissioner's Office and explored the application of user experience (UX) principles in the security and privacy design of smart homes. During my doctoral studies, I completed internships at the Calc Intelligence team at Microsoft Research and the Social Dynamics team at Nokia Bell Labs.
I obtained my MSc in Computer Science from the school of Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton in 2018, in collaboration with Lloyd's Register, where I was advised by Dr. Reza Rezazadeh.
I received my BS in Computer Science from the Computer Science and Mathematics Department at the Lebanese American University in 2017, where I was advised by Dr. Ramzi Haraty.
I previously worked as a Cyber Security Analyst and an Expert Contributor at Oxford Analytica.
My research directions and interests include:
- Security and privacy of emerging technologies, such as smart homes and VR applications
- Understanding and designing for the security and privacy of end users
- Understanding and improving the practices of data workers, especially in High-Stakes AI
- Design and Software Engineering of UX/Usability for Security and Privacy
- Cyber harm and mental health of cyber specialists/victims/bystanders